Nov 4, 2013

Enchanted Waves by Ciara Lake

Genre: Paranormal Romance


Tabitha Lock's mundane life changes when her future walks out of the sea into her arms.

Attorney Tabitha Lock has put her career before everything, including her love life. Exhausted from too many late nights, early mornings, and endless days spent in court, Tabitha is at the end of her rope. Add to that the sensual dreams and voices that haunt her sleep, and she's driven to the edge of her sanity.

Jax Aquila, Mer prince and son of Poseidon, is ordered to locate a mortal female in the twenty-first century. Although this woman is unaware of it, she has vampire heritage, but her immortality was forsaken to her due to the sins of her ancestor. Old hatred and prejudice toward vampires push Jax toward pursing his own agenda and avoiding his assigned task.

When Jax meets Tabitha, he has no idea this enticing woman is the one he was sent to find. The magic of their attraction drives him to pursue the beautiful woman. When he discovers the truth, can he accept Tabitha for what she is? And can Tabitha accept herself? As they struggle with the issues at hand, an ancient evil stirs, waiting in the darkness to reclaim their lost position among the immortals. When the evil ones make their move and Tabitha's life hangs in the balance can Jax find her in time, or will she be lost to him forever?


Content Warning: graphic sex, some violence

Excerpt: 

A wisp of air blew Tabitha's curls around her face. The urge to scream boiled up within her. "Leave me alone. Don't talk to me while I'm wide awake too. Give it a rest." She gritted her teeth. "This is only my imagination." She watched her lips say the words.

Unexpectedly, a buzzing rang out, and she jumped, her heart fluttering.

"I'm going to faint from fright." She leaned against the counter top, breathing heavily. She pointed at herself in the mirror. "Get a hold of yourself. The buzz is only my cellphone alarm." Tabitha shook her head, tossing her hair all over her head. "I look like a mad woman. Oh yeah, I am one." She laughed almost hysterically.

Going back to her nightstand, she checked the time on her cellphone.

"Oh no, it's after eight AM already. Damn, I didn't hear the first alarm." I'm going to be late, again.

She tossed the phone toward the bed. It bounced off. She moved to catch it, but missed. It nearly hit the floor then without her touching it, it stopped, moved midair, and landed on the bed.

Tabitha stared at it for several seconds. "No way. That didn't happen. I prayed for these crazy things to end." She buried her face in her hands and sat on the edge of the bed.

I've got to get to work. Pulling her nightgown over her head, she tossed it to the floor. Her energy drained, she plopped back down on the bed.

"I've gotta focus on work. I must be strong." She stared at a painting on the wall. "Not again. I won't go through this stuff again." She allowed her mind to relax, and as she studied the beautiful colors of the painting, her eyes shut.

A cool breeze blew across her heated skin. "My child, all is not forsaken to you."

"Shut up! Do you hear me?" Tabitha put her hands over her ears and shook her head wildly. "Just shut up." The thunder rumbled again as if to emphasis her words.

I have to get up now, I'm late. Tabitha rushed to the shower. The glass door slammed behind her. She turned the water on then leaned against the tile wall and closed her eyes.

The hot water and steam was soothing—it felt wonderful. As the water washed over her, she thought of the reoccurring voice and the dreams which felt too real. The voice had spoken to her on and off all throughout her life, but for the last three years, it had been silent. The dreams, however, had continued throughout the years, and as of late they'd been more intense, more sensual. The dreams were far more disquieting than the voice.

Suddenly, her shower stopped, and her world went into a spin. She was falling, hurtling to the ground. She reached out, desperate to grab hold of something to stop her. There was nothing to catch onto before she hit bottom.

Complete darkness made her blind. The smell of the damp earth surrounded her, filling her lungs. No longer was she in her bathroom. "Help me, let me out of here. Help me, dear God help me," Tabitha screamed. She pushed at the ground above her, the walls next to her. "No, this can't be happening."

She hit the hard, damp ground. It hurt her hands but she continued to slam against the hard earth. I hate dark, cold places. Her fingers bled, the coppery smell filling her prison. This place could be her grave. Am I dead?

Then an overpowering smell of salt water mixed with her blood took over her senses, making her gag. "What's happening?" In a flash, she was back in her shower, on the floor with the hot water running over her. Stunned, she got up and sat on the shower's bench. Her legs were wobbly. "God help me." She moaned, rocking back and forth to soothe herself.

Reluctantly, she stood to rinse herself off. Shaking, she stepped out of the shower as if in a trance. What am I going to do? I can't tell anyone this is happening to me. I'd be committed. She picked up a towel and dried herself. Again, her world went dark, and she fell, hitting the tile floor. Her head slammed into something hard.

Silky sheets entwined between her legs. A fire crackled nearby. Warm, strong arms embraced her, pulling her tight. Wake up, I've got to wake up. Her mind grasped for reality.

"What troubles you, my love?" A man kissed her shoulder. "I need you, my mate, you make me whole." The man whispered soothing words to her. His voice, his words, made her tingle to her very core. Her womb ached with the need to have him fill her. He spoke to her with such love it made her yearn for more of him.


Buy Links:  Beachwalk Press



Reading and writing is a wonderful diversion from an often-difficult world. I love to create my own stories and have control over how things will end. It's exciting to create brand new worlds and characters. My imagination can come alive.
In sci-fi, fantasy, and paranormal stories, I can invent wonderful places and people. Anything is possible in these genres, it's limitless. I'm able to create an escape into a special world filled with unique and fantastic things and there is always a happy ending.
A high school teacher inspired me to write. However, instead of initially pursuing my writing career I became a lawyer. I work in divorce court, so erotic romance is a great escape. There can be true love and happy-endings, at least on my pages.
My two children and I have two good-humored dogs that share our home and ease our stress. I have traveled and lived all over the world, and these experiences have given me great creative ideas. I look forward to creating many more adventures in romance.
  Author Links:     Site      Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment



We are an award free blog.